Updated: Dec 5, 2020
Hot Cocoa Bombs are all the craze right now, and they deserve to be!
What is a Hot Cocoa Bomb?
Hot Cocoa Bombs are chocolate shells filled with cocoa powder and usually marshmallows and sprinkles.
What kind of chocolate do I use for Hot Cocoa Bombs?
What about cocoa powder?
Again, we love Ghirardelli, but you can also make your own!
Do I need to use marshmallows for hot cocoa bombs?
No! You can easily substitute with sprinkles or just omit it completely.
How do I decorate hot coca bombs?
Any way you like! The possibilities are endless. You can fill them with any type of sprinkles, marshmallows, or chocolate chips. You can even add freeze-dried fruits like strawberries.
How much milk do I add to my Hot Cocoa Bomb?
Small bombs (50mm) require 8oz, while larger ones (about 70mm) require 10-12oz depending on preference.
Basic Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe:
Shell (Large Hot Cocoa Bombs):
-1 bag of Ghirardelli wafer melts (30oz) (Yields approx 13 70mm-bombs)
1) Melt chocolate in a large, microwave-safe bowl using 30-second increments.
2) Take out between each 30 seconds and stir until completely melted.
3) Scoop 1 tablespoons of chocolate into mold.
4) Brush chocolate all around inside of the sphere mold so that it coats it entirely. once you have done this to all, go back and brush again in case chocolate has pooled in the center of mold. Add more chocolate if needed.
5) Refrigerate 10 minutes.
6) Repeat, refrigerate 10 minutes.
7) Pop shells out of mold. They should come out effortlessly.
1) Place pan on stove at lowest temperature.